As 2015 comes to an end, I’ll quickly highlight how this year fared for me. To be honest, I don’t consider it to the best of best years for me, especially academically, but it did have some good parts!
- The year began, along with my 2nd semester of MCA.
- I went to the Tech Fest conducted by IIT Bombay for the first time.
- We had our first In-semester Test for the semester.
- I visited the Kala Ghoda Festival
- I started using Contact Lenses for the first time!
- We celebrated my Mom’s birthday!
- The month went by quite fast, what with the Cricket world cup happening and college life picking up!
- A month of exams, April saw me preparing for the end-semester exams
- We also had a blast celebrating my little sister’s birthday!
- I gave my MCA 2nd Semester exams
- I finally bought my first domain : Dramatic Soul came into existence.
- Joined a Gym (again a first time) and well, I haven’t been regular in going there 🙁
- I got my MCA 2nd Semester result.
- Started working on a project of Data Migration with IBM
- It was a great vacation time!
- I cleared the exam and became an Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE 7 Programmer
- My vacation continued, with my regular schedule of gym!
- I received an ARC copy of The Children of Darkness by David Litwack and successfully reviewed it!
- I also reviewed Wedding Night by Sophie Kinsella
- I spoke about the problems I faced as a spectacle user.
- My birthday saw the start of my 3rd semester at VJTI for MCA (one of the shortest and toughest semester I ever faced!)
- I celebrated by 22nd birthday and my college friends, and family made a whole lot better.
- There are no posts in August! Sorry!
- It wasn’t one of the best months in the year, with a lot of arguments and quarrels happening around me. Something that took out most of my energy!
- First 1st Exam of the semester!
- I read The Book thief and subsequently reviewed it by September
- The month started off with the planning and celebration of one of my friends’ birthday.
- We celebrated Ganesh festival at my paternal uncle’s place for the first time this year. Also met my new sister-in-law over there for the first time 😀
- We celebrated my Dad’s birthday!
- I appeared for the 2nd In-semester exam.
- October mostly went in preparing for the various practical exams and studying for the final exams that began at the end of October and were over in the first week of November!
- It began with me studying and writing the semester end exams
- We immediately got the results, a couple of days after the papers got over.
- The vacations began in mid November and the festival of Diwali too!
- I went on a small trip to Lonavala, a very short trip since this year was all focused on my sister’s studies and her std 10 exam which she will write in March 2016.
- I read a lots of books in the span of 2 weeks
- I reviewed Hush Hush, The Selection, The Elite, The Prince and The One.
- This December started off with a busy note, because on 13th of December it was my parents’ 25th wedding anniversary.
- Also, on 12th of December I had to go for my best friend’s sister’s wedding (experienced how it feels to attend weddings solo and how to make new friends at it!)
- I wrote about why I love cycling!
- I particiapted in a very interesting and unique online Technovanza event called Myst! It is truly mystical!
- Because 13th was a Sunday, my maternal grandparents decided to come over and stay with us and at the same time help us with the celebration. One the day itself, my maternal uncle also turned up and we all went for a little lunch party!
- Best highlight of the day and the month, my parents were gifted a microwave oven! My parents never really thought that we needed a microwave oven and when though, my sister and I wanted it, they never got one. So I was particularly thrilled at seeing this and it was a very special surprise gift from my grandparents!
- I attended my first ever live concert at Pratibimb (cultural festival of VJTI) of Aditi Singh Sharma
- I went to Pratibimb for two days and enjoyed every moment of my time there.
- I participated in 5 out of the 6 iCode competitions and managed to win one, come 3rd in one and reach up to the finals in yet another one. It was a great time to hang out with my classmates as well as to interact with my juniors, roam about (or run about, during Technohunt) the college!
- I reviewed Graceling!
I watched a lot of new TV shows, movies, read many many books. All of which i’ll be listing down in the next couple of posts!
This is how I remember the year to be so far! It was a fun as well as tiring ride in 2015 and I hope 2016 is much much better!
Happy New Year to all my Dear Readers!
I hope 2016 is AWESOME for you all!