One day into the new year, I am a tad bit late in the “welcome 2016” posts!
I don’t really have a great new year celebration. This 31st Dec was no different. My dad brought dinner, my sister made some quick baking Oreo cake and we watched the year’s highlights till midnight. We wished each other, I took out my phone and WhatsApped everyone my wishes and went to sleep! It didn’t really feel like anything great or grand either. Maybe because unlike 2014, 2015 went by too quickly and in a very routine manner (home-college-home routine) and it hasn’t yet really sunk in that 2015 is now a past year!
Resolutions? Nah! I am not very good at following my resolutions and especially those I make on first day of the years, just for the sake of making them!
I do have a few goals I wish to reach. I may not be able to achieve them all, but at least give it a try!
- Giving priority to studies : Since this is officially my last year in college, I think it is needless to say that this is my last chance to prove myself. Also, the fact that I didn’t do so well in the last year, this is the last chance I truly have!
- Get a Job : We will get our semester 6 internship and well as final job placements this year from the month of July. I really hope I get a decent job and get to do some good work in my field!
- Become confident in driving a car : I love to drive, and I am confident in my two-wheeler driving, but I wish to be proficient in driving a car and convince my dad that I can drive!
- Read at least 50 books : I barely managed to read 30 books last year, which is the lowest for me! I am going to give books more priority than some other things I have been giving importance too.
- Become a minimalist : I have decided to declutter my life of unnecessary stuff. This is me taking some inspiration from Georgie and Holly! 😀 This includes trying to not do impulsive shopping!
- Learn to independent : After quite a few bad experiences, I want to stop seeking approval for my actions, and learn to depend only on myself.
- Reign in my temper : I don’t know when or how I’m going to master this, my I want to control my temper outbursts and not hurt others or myself because of it!
What are your goals for 2016?