Okay… here is my first recipe post.
Kande Pohe is a very common breakfast dish of Marathi people. Right, now while I’m writing this post, I am eating it! 😛 It is a very simple dish but I learnt how to make it two weeks back! Here’s the recipe :
Preparation time : 10 minutes.
Cooking time : 10-15 minutes.
- Beaten rice flakes (jhada poha) – 4 – 5 cups
- Oil – 5 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) – 1 tsp
- Green Chili – 4-5 (chopped)
- Potato – 1 (peeled and sliced)
- Onion – 1 (big) or 2 (small) (diced)
- Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- chopped coriander and grated coconut for garnish
- Wash the poha properly and keep them aside while you chop the chili, potato and the onions.
- In a wok, take 4-5 tbsp oil. Once it is heated enough, add mustard and cumin seeds to it.
- Then add green chili, potato and onions.
- When the onions turn pink, add turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt to this mixture.
- Mix it properly, then put a lid on the wok and let the potato slices cook for about 2 minutes.
- Once the potato is cooked, add the washed poha to the mixture and carefully mix it all together.
- Again put a lid over it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve it hot. Garnish it with coriander and coconut.
P.S. I didn’t click that beautiful pic…. Found that on Google!